On the lighter side
Now that we have some “time off”, to be “at home”, which is what we often complain about not having enough time for… now what?
I speak as one in the 65 and over group who is s’pose to stay inside and be isolated – I am being protected. And really, that is pretty much all of now, right?
I love the videos and posts from Mom’s who are pulling their hair out trying to manage their misbehaving kids and figure out what their teacher wants them to do while on “remote learning”. Or the businessman working from home with a newborn, and 3 other kids under the age of 8.
Each of us, whatever our situation or season of life are having to manage our days totally differently than we ever have. But hey, we are managing. Be honest.
But seriously, what do we do for 2 weeks? I offer these ideas:
- Find those moments to JUST RELAX. You need it.
- Maybe read that book you haven’t had time for
- Go outside. Backyard, front porch, balcony. Observe closely what’s out there. Take it in. Enjoy it.
- Go for a walk. Take notice of the small things. Stop and look closely at plants, clouds, lizards, a spider web.
- Find out, research the answer to a question you’ve always wondered about
- Read and study up on your favorite animal.
- Try a new recipe.
- Bake something different.
- Call a friend or family member.
- Check in on your neighbors.
- Spend time in a quality conversation with your child (each of them)
- Work in the garden? With your plants?
- Try reading (a new) part of the Bible
- and of course there is always cleaning, organizing, etc.
You have the time, use it. Do something wonderful with it. Something you normally would not do, or spend more time doing what you always wished you could.
This virus and it’s precautions may shut us in but they will NOT shut us down. Take advantage of the days. You never know what the future holds.
Find your peace and comfort and relieve stress in your way, doing what helps you.
We all have the same amount of time in a day. It’s up to us how we use it. Make the best of it. Enjoy it. Do something on the lighter side.
Cheers to you.