The Asaph Files– collected and shared because you need to know.
Sometime back, I created this category for my blogs (The Asaph Files) with the sole intention of using it to make known information that I have collected that I feel is important for you to know about. Whether or not you are in the loop on the issue or unaware of it, my intention is to shed as much light on it as I can. So that you too, can speak up.
HR 5 – The Equality Act
U.S. Representative, David Cicilline, a Democrat from Rhode Island of the 117th Congress has authored this bill that has already passed the House on February 25, 2021, and now is in committee in the Senate.
Here is the cover page of the Bill THAT I HAVE READ in entirety. Phew…
After reading the whole, dang thing, it is clear beyond a doubt that what this bill is proposing to do is CHANGE THE LAWS of America. Many very specific laws are addressed and particular sections are highlighted for language change, with the specific language that must be amended in the previous law.
Here’s an example-
This happens dozens of times in HR5. Civil Rights Laws are being rewritten with the stroke of a pen with this bill.
Here is the stated purpose of HR5 –
- to define sex, sexual orientation and gender identity
- expand the definition of public accommodations to include places and establishments that provide exhibitions, exercise, amusement, gatherings of displays, goods, services or programs
- allow the Department of Justice to intervene in equal protection actions in Federal Court
- prohibits an individual from being denied access to shared facilities, including rest rooms, locker rooms, and dressing rooms that is in accordance with their gender identity
All under the banner of nondiscrimination protections provided for all LGBTQ people.
According to Theo Santos from the American Center of American Progress –
“The Equality Act would meaningfully expand civil rights protections for many Americans and advance treatment for LGBTQ people, women, people of faith and people of color. It’s time to extend these benefits of equality to all.”Center for American Progress
Now, I’m for freedom for all and as you know, I believe all men (and women) are created equal. I just happen to believe there is a better, more permanent way to achieve equal justice for all under the law, other than HR5.
Because here’s what HR 5 would really do –
- redefine sex under civil rights laws to include sexual orientation and gender identity – overriding basic biology along with millennia of tradition
- make it illegal to distinguish identity from biology thereby prioritizing transgender people over women
- erases sex as a distinct legal category
- forbids policy makers from ever making a distinction between male and female ( which is necessary of course for providing safety and equality of the sexes)
- thrashes the Civil Rights Acts of 1964
- guts the Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- threatens constitutional freedoms by eliminating conscience protections for employers, doctors, educators, & religious groups
- have the government dictate how Americans think about gender and sex
- use the Department of Justice to punish those who violate the government imposed beliefs
- violates constitutional freedoms and weaponizes civil rights laws
- expands the scope of accommodations to any establishment and opens them up to liabilities for discrimination claims
- biological males will be allowed to participate in female only activities
- all single sex spaces will be open to both sexes and adds sexual orientation and gender identity
- doctors and counselors could be punished for violating their conscience in gender identity treatments
- undermines parents rights
After researching from many different sources, I created this list with the data I gleaned from: The Wall Street Journal, The Heritage Foundation, Congress.gov, and AmericanProgress.org
This bill would not only drastically change the country that I live in and love, but more importantly it would seek to reshape and redefine the very nature of mankind. It would discard our Judeo Christian foundation and belief in God creating male and female with the intent of them becoming one to reproduce and steward the Earth.
It would threaten faith based organizations and expose them to federal prosecution. It would stigmatize long held, virtuous and godly views about sex and marriage and the sanctity of life.
In fact, discrimination would be the law of the land.
I do not want to live in that America, that is why I am speaking up.
I cannot remain silent.
I urge you to do the same and join me in writing and calling your government representatives and speaking out against this bill and its passage.
Contact your Senator at:
Many times I have asked you to rise up, step up, branch out, take risks, or to do something different, here is another with easy steps you can take that WILL make a tremendous impact on our nation.
Please, please, we must speak up.