- Acacia trees can warn each other of danger by producing tannin and then sending out a gas cloud to warn other trees. How do we warn others?
- Eyes don’t have eyeballs, they have eye tubes. Because the tubes don’t move, they have developed a neck that does – and they can turn. And we all have see that. It turns 270 degrees. You and I only can turn 180 degrees. Make wise and flexible like the owl.
- African buffalo herds make decisions by voting. When trying to determine which way to go, a buffalo will look a certain direction. The direction that gets the most votes is the winner and that’s the way they go. Let’s trust the process.
The Pale Blue Dot photo was taken by Voyager 1, in 1990 from 3.7 BILLION miles or 40 AU! From there, Earth measures .12 of a pixel in size against the vastness of space. We’re on that planet, everyone in the world is on that planet, everyone who has ever lived has been on that planet. Earth is huge! And yet, compared with the universe, we are barely a speck. It kinda puts everything in perspective. We have a Creator who is amazing and has a much bigger picture than we do.
He is also called a water bear and as an adult will grow to .059 inches, but the smallest is .00394 inch! Yet, he is the hardiest animal on the planet. He can survive temperatures between -459 F and 300F, pressures 6x greater than the deepest ocean trenches, live up to 10 days in a vacuum, go without food or water for over 30 days, and dry out to only 3% of less water in his system AND THEN rehydrate, eat and reproduce!
Weird Nature facts –
- In any given year, you are more likely to be bitten by a New Yorker than by a shark. (sorry Sister)
- A blue whale can make a fart bubble big enough to fit a horse in it.
- Crows have unbelievable memories, and are able to recognize individual human faces for their whole lives.
- A group of lemurs is called a conspiracy.
- Belly buttons grow special hairs to catch lint.
- Messages from the human brain travel along nerves at speeds of up to 200 mph. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart.
- Scientists recently (2017) “discovered” a human organ no one knew about. It is called the “MENSENTERY” and it connects the abdomen to the intestine. It is a immune system helper and heart helper. It’s been hiding in plain site. Man still is trying to “discover” the intricacies of God’s creation.
- Trying to get your steps in? The average person in their lifetime will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the world. Every step you take, HE is with you.
- The heart of a shrimp is located in its head. Humph…
- A snail can sleep for 3 years! See, you’re not lazy.
- Pigeons can do math. Seriously! Research done in 2011 showed that they can count. How ’bout Algebra? I need help there.
- You will grow 590 miles of hair in your lifetime and nose hairs count for 6.5 feet of the total. God knows about everyone of them and has them numbered. Matthew 10:30 That’s how well He knows you loves you.